Control – Race Winning Telemetry is the leading cellular telemetry supplier to the motorsport industry. The Control hardware, software and cloud infrastructure is at the cutting edge of motorsport technology and provides unrivalled performance.
Control’s telemetry systems are being raced on any given weekend across the world in a variety of racing series as well as in other sectors such as marine and automotive testing.
Control is continually striving to provide not only the best performing products but also the best possible customer service and experience. We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic Support Engineer to join our team in our Reading, UK office.
The Support Engineer role is the first point of customer contact and will be on hand to support the hardware, software, connectivity, and cloud infrastructure that make up the Control telemetry service. In order to meet the needs of our customers this role will include evening and weekend work throughout the racing season.
Reporting to the Technical Director within Control, you will support all aspects of Control telemetry systems. You will interact with other team members to be able to diagnose and solve any potential technical issue. You will also collate customer feedback to assist with future developments and influence product evolution.
- Provide support to customers covering desktop application software, VPN connectivity, in car devices, and cloud services.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems quickly.
- Assist with improving departmental procedures and knowledge base as well as creating customer facing documentation.
- Provide feedback and contribute ideas to ensure our products are the best available.
- Assist with provisioning and set up of devices prior to shipping, and once the customers have installed the devices in vehicles.
- Assisting customers with the provisioning and set up of software to ensure their first experiences are positive.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years in an IT support or similar role, any IT related certification would be beneficial.
- A proven record of diagnosing hardware and software problems under pressure with a methodical approach.
- A good communicator with the ability to capture information quickly and accurately.
- A solid understanding of IP Networking including the OSI 7 Layer model, IPv4 IP address ranges, routing, name resolution, firewalls and troubleshooting using tools such as ping, tracert and wireshark.
- Good knowledge of Windows 10 and 11.
- Other desirable skills and experience would be advantageous but training will be provided:
- Knowledge of UDP, TCP, MQTT, RADIUS & TLS protocols.
- A basic understanding of Linux.
- Any experience of Microsoft Azure, Load balancing, Kubernetes (AKS), IPSec connections.
- Knowledge of LTE networks.
- Knowledge of communication protocols, such as CAN, RS232, Ethernet.
- Knowledge of one or more data analysis tools such as Pi Toolbox, Bosch WinDarab, MoTeC i2, etc.